The Illescas National Park is located in the north of Peru, covering 38,000 hectares of pristine territory. Punta Luna Surf Lodge is the only lodging facility offering accommodation services within the entire park.
- Multiple points with waves and wind
- Perfect conditions for water sports
- Virgin environment
- Archaeological zones
- Sea Lion colony
- Marine wildlife observation
Immersed in the middle of the desert, nature will surprise you every day.
Far from everything, where you will only hear the ocean.
Staying in Punta Luna includes a complete and delicious gastronomic service; our staff will be at your disposal and will make you feel at home. We offer assistance for water sports and adventure activities you wish to engage in.
Conditions are ideal for kite/Surf/Paddle and Foil. We have some equipment for rent. During your stay you will also enjoy the wildlife, both on land and in the sea, from the comfort of the Lodge and its surroundings.
The beach’s geography, wind, and wave conditions are ideal for enjoying multiple sports.
In the morning, there is no wind, and the wave is perfect for surfing/paddleboarding. From noon onward, the side-off wind creates perfect conditions for kitesurfing, windsurfing, and wingfoiling.
As we are in the desert, the wind is thermal and blows between 18-25 knots for over 300 days a year. The most consistent wave season is during the southern swell season from April to November. There are also less consistent northern swells between December and February.
Being close to the equator makes daytime temperatures range from 24-28 degrees Celsius all year-round. Nights usually cool down to 19-23 degrees Celsius. The water is cool, averaging 19 degrees Celsius, so a 3/2 fullsuit is recommended for surfing, and a spring suit for kitesurfing.
- High-speed Starlink WiFi available.
- There are no supermarkets or pharmacies within the reserve; we recommend bringing a first aid kit with your essentials.
- Bring sports shoes as there is access to hikes on rocky surfaces
- Bring a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- We recommend using a 3/2 fullsuit for surfing and a short suit for kitesurfing.
- We offer assistance for water sports and other activities.
- Safe bay with sandy bottom.